Missing Alpines....

To: Vintage <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Missing Alpines....
From: Steven Silverstein <milano164@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 13:15:51 +0000
I wrote an article for the Sunbeam owners
clubs which is somewhat interesting.
Basically, I have been trying to track down some of
the "Works" Alpine and other significant racing Alpine.

If you weren't aware almost all are missing except the ones noted on the
chart at the bottom of the page.  Talking about fading into oblivion.  Of
course, they weren't great competition cars but they were nice and have a
neat history.

Surprisingly, since the article's posting, I have gotten a number of "clues"
which might help solve the puzzles.  So, I thought, what group probably has
even more answers? Naturally, the vintage racing digest seemed the most
logical.

To view the article go to this site and click on the main feature...
"In search of the Sebring factory team cars".

http://sunbeamalpine.org/content.html

BTW, if anyone wants the updated version with the new edits please let me
know.  The chart at the bottom is about an 800k file with all the details.
This is a "work in progress" so there may be errors.

One interesting clue I received today suggested that Bill Buchman, Sarasota,
FL, raced the #42 Payne/Sheppard car until the mid to late 60's.
Anybody remember Bill? He was a Sunbeam dealer in Sarasota... almost won the
FP S.E. Division championship in 1964.

Steve Silverstein