Summit Point Visit

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Summit Point Visit
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 17:47:45 EST
Hey all you Eastern listers...

I just happened to be in Winchester VA on business today, and had a few free
moments, so I paid a visit to Summit Point Raceway (my first look there).
Unfortunately, they had a pursuit school going on, or something like that, so
they wouldn't let me go look beyond the entry area.  It looks like a nice,
pleasant track.  Where are the pits, though?  Are they in the grassy area by
the entry?  They looked small by comparison to the West Coast tracks we go to.

Also, where does everyone stay on a race weekend?  Winchester??...or is there
somewhere closer?

FYI, They said the race dates for 2002 are May 17-19 for the Jefferson 500,
and Oct 4-6 for SVRA.

Wish I could have had a chance to find the limits of my Hertz car there, but
not today!!

Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #128