Re: Nick Mason's BRM V16 etc on CD...

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nick Mason's BRM V16 etc on CD...
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 09:01:06 -0800 (PST)
--- jim fuerstenberg <jimf42@rocketmail.com> wrote:
> the Nick Mason book, "Into the Red."
> The euro version came with the CD (the
> edited US version under a
> different name [At The Limit] did not).

Aha, but if you picked up the English Magazine
Motorsport about two years ago, it came with a free CD
including many of Mr Mason's cars - the GTO, the BRM,
D-type Jag, Ferrari 512, etc, etc... interspersed with
an interview with Mr Mason's sharing his thoughts on
restoring, maintaining and racing his cars.

I thrilled auto enthusiasts and clueless guests alike
when we held a New Years' Eve party, 1999, by cranking
up the D-type and having it travel from one end of the
living room to the other - the revelers were
absolutely astounded and all looked as though they'd
just seen the car flash past at 180 mph! You should'a
seen my dog!

It also makes for great background music at my son's
Cub Scout Pinewood Derby events which I tend to get
involved in for some reason! Image a bunch of 7 - 11
year old boys ina gymnasium with the BRM V16 cranked
up on the sound system so that you can't even hear the
boys yelling!

Ah, Bliss!

Cheers,
John Donohoe
(I have burned "not for profit" CD dupes of the
disk... contact me off-list if you'd like to arrange
for one of your own :-)