Re: RE: CART vs IRL vs Histiory vs Bad Blood

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, bradlnss@lightspeed.net
Subject: Re: RE: CART vs IRL vs Histiory vs Bad Blood
From: "Jeff Warner" <Jeff_Warner@ssa-sa.sel.sony.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 08:11:07 -0500
>> "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net> 10/15/01 10:37:37 PM >>>

CLIP.......The closest open wheel racing I've seen this year is...and I hate to
admit it...in the IRL. The event usually ends with all the leaders taking each
other out after some breathtaking maneuvers.

I think it would be a great thing for the open wheel pro guys to get their act
together and get on with a good show!

Cheers,

Brad
62 TR4

I can only speak from my own limited personal experience.   I have enjoyed the
IRL races.

I went to the IRL race in Fort Worth at beginning of October and though the
attrition was rather large by the end of the race, it had one of the most
exciting finishes I have seen in racing.
Multiple lead changes, several three wide passes in the corners occurred during
the race, including the last turn of the race.

The first, second, and third place cars crossing the finish line together.  The
third place car seemed to hit the finish line almost before the first place car
was finished crossing...GREAT!!!

Fans on their feet screaming during the final 5 laps provided a great finish.
There was another IRL race last year at Fort Worth which was almost equally as
exciting.

I could hardly call the Fort Worth CART race exciting, unless I include the
irate fans the cops where trying to turn away out on the freeway when it became
an extended parking lot.

I am obviously not a historian of bad blood between CART and IRL... just a fan
who goes to and watches racing events which are exciting.  IRL in Fort Worth
fills that requirement.

Whichever organization provides the best racing event will get my money and
support as a fan.  I don't care who runs it, owns it, or finances it.....  it
is not like I will be invited over to their homes for dinner ... so I just
focus on whatever racing event I enjoy with multiple lead changes, close racing
and passes throughout the field and exciting close finishes.

IRL in Fort Worth has that.   CART and F1 on TV don't anymore.

Jeff Warner
San Antonio, TX
Building a Jaguar Mk2 Saloon Racer

///