tackling the giant

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: tackling the giant
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 10:45:00 -0000
today is the second day of competition on the hill.  a nagging knee and
traveling by myself tempered my decision to return today.  saturday's
competition saw over 60 cars getting 4 runs in on the hill throughout the
day.  the hill has been repaved and it is faster than ever!  as witnessed by
my exiting devil's elbow up on 2 wheels in my saab 93f sedan!   the climbing
tight right hander is a very technically challenging corner you can not apex
to negotiate.  the weather was picture perfect too!  there were a good group
of vintage cars there running.  a early 60's jaguar saloon, 65 renault R8,
numerous vintage VW beetles, a sunbeam tiger, an opel gt, a mid 60's sprite,
mga, mgb, my saab 93f sedan, a silver tvr, and possibly a few i missed.
entrants included anything from a 73 ford torino and an early 70's camaro to
modern mustang gt's , formula fords and home built very fast specials, and
of course there were a bunch of high performance modern cars trying their
luck at tackling the giant too!  a new pit area has been opened up and
provides some shaded area that previously has not existed at this event. the
event was/is being very well run this year and appeared to be functioning
very smoothly!  i think that some of you may enjoy either competing or
spectating at next year's event .   this is a rather historical venue this
year celebrating it's 95th running.  so possibly some of you might be
curious enough to come out and see what this is all about?    personally, i
hope so.

chuck
that's my story and i'm sticking to it!   lol!  :)