Re: what is vintage and who should......

To: <S800Racer@aol.com>, <TMHEFFRON@aol.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: what is vintage and who should......
From: "Roger Sieling" <Rogsie@telesistech.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:02:47 -0400
Thanks Doug,

You also just excluded Morgan trikes from our pre-war class. This discussion
reminds me why we don't care much to go to antique shows anymore. I guess
sports trading cards and Chinesse tools don't impress me as being antiques.

There is no free lunch. I consider myself very lucky to have the toys I have.
We can't all race Ferarri GTO's or Testa Rosas or Posche Carerras. Some of us
have to settle for Honda S800s and Lotus Elevens and MBGs and Austin-Healey
Sprites. I feel very, very lucky to have such a piece of history, but at the
same time have seen these same cars used as the loose change in trade deals
exchanging things like GT40s and F1 cars.

In life, there will almost always be someone faster and someone slower than
you are, someone less financially endowed and someone with twice your income
level. Most of us are just ordinary, average guys, some just a little closer
to the top of the bell shaped curve than others. I'd have loved to race what I
do today when I was in college, but accepted the fact I could just barely
afford to autocross my Bugeyed Sprite 4 or 5 times a summer. Even that was an
extravegance!

Roger