Re: Vintage race cars built today

To: S800Racer@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vintage race cars built today
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:15:12 EDT
In a message dated 10/07/01 10:50:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
S800Racer@aol.com writes:

> Hang on there.  Not everyone thinks that building a modified or special
> to some earlier standard is wrong.  Art Eastman wrote a very interesting
> piece in Vintage Motorsport suggesting a class for constructors of specials
> with some rules about use of vintage technology.  I think that would be
> great
> fun.

Hmmm - you've just painfully and expensively restored your unique sports
racing car, say an early McLaren, and then what shows up next to you on the
grid, but a modern 'vintage' sports racer with ill concealed modern engine
modifications and suspension technology at least a couple of decades more
current, but built for a fraction of what you spent on your restoration.

Please remember to smile when he blows you away on the track, and keep
smiling when you eventually wind up as the only original Canam entry in a
grid of replicants.

Great fun indeed, perhaps, for those of a singularly masochistic bent.......

Bill Spohn