Re: Tow vehicles again

To: WSpohn4@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tow vehicles again
From: Grant Reynolds <grant62@starpower.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 23:44:16 -0500
WSpohn4@aol.com wrote:

> I stated racing with a 68 Chrysler station wagon, and it threw a rod on me
> near Cottage Grove Oregon on the way back from Laguna, where my Twincam had
> broken a spark plug (not my best year).
>
> I used to buy an old station wagon every 2-3 years, though I did toy with the
> idea of turning my Mk 9 Jag into a tow car.
>
> These days a Chrysler minivan does just fine - one old car is all I really
> want to be worried about. Mind you, I could use my Jensen CV8 - the factory
> tested one towing a small trailer at 100 mph in the 60s...........
>
> Bill Spohn
> MGA Twincam
I use a Chrysler minivan also - towing a Formula Vee in a lightweight,
but enclosed, trailer. 11 mpg, but comfortable and returns to 22 when
the trailer is off - which is, after all, most of the time.
        But I would be a candidate for a 1961 Chev 348 station wagon or a 68
Chrysler 440 wagon - my two favorite tow cars.

Grant Reynolds