Re: Tow vehicles again

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>, <KLynch7589@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Tow vehicles again
From: "Carl McLelland" <carlynneracing@home.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 01:20:41 -0800
I've got a 1994 Dodge Ram with the Cummins Turbo and auto trans. The
truck, plus my 11' cabover camper, plus 23' Bayliner on the trailer
grosses approx.15,000 pounds, depending on how much junk I'm carrying
in the boat. From Reno, NV to Lake Mead, NV and back is 1,010 miles. I
average 12.4mpg for the round trip, running 70-75 on the highway. I
make this trip 2 or 3 times a year and the 12.4 is consistant.
Granted, on the big hills I slow down, but a friend who often goes
with his boat (24' Bayliner, no camper, 3/4 ton Chevy with vortec 454)
can't begin to keep up!

At 80,000 miles, that Cummins is just starting to get broken in!!
    Carl