Re: tires-tires-tires

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>, <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: tires-tires-tires
From: "Roger Sieling" <Rogsie@telesistech.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 18:02:29 -0400
I only have experience with the Dunlop L's on my Eleven. 4.50's may be narrow
enough to go on, but I don't get the best wear of them on it and its about 900
#. If you do, use the harder ones, which should make them live a bit longer.
Don't treat them like a radial. They're meant to slide and that's a lot of the
fun.

Roger

>>> "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net> 07/13/00 11:26AM >>>
not to kick a tired old dog any more than it has been already but i am on
the verge of purchasing tires for my 1960 saab 93f racer and am in a quandry
as to what to purchase so i figured that the collective knowledge of the
list would be a great resource.   i was going to purchase yokohama avs
intermediates
( 2 other current vintage racing saabs are running this tire)in 185/65/15
but after extensive searches they are discontinued in that size and no
remaining stock to be found.  it apears that the yokohama avid h-4 is the
same rubber compound with just a difrent tread pattern(possible choice).  a
500/15 is much too wide a tire for the saab and woud be too much rolling
resistance for the car's weight and power.  possibly a 450/15 is a more
realistic choice?  hoosiers?  dunlops?  any feedback on the subject as to
which tires might be recomended and possible other tire manufacturers i am
unfamiliar with out on the market?  an alternate size would be 175/70/15 in
a radial, if there are any "good"tires out there in that size?

thanks gang!
chuck.
possibly as not to bore the list silly with this question a reply off list
would be apropriate?
cfchrist@earthlink.net