Re: now I remember...

To: mgvrmark@hotmail.com, S800Racer@aol.com, JOHN.HARDEN@worldnet.att.net,
Subject: Re: now I remember...
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 12:54:51 EDT
In a message dated 07/10/2000 11:52:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mgvrmark@hotmail.com writes:

 Jack,

<< when one race group gets 3 sessions on Thursday and fewer
 sessions on the weekend days.>>

There are only so many time slots on Sat & Sun. Once they are filled, we work
back from there. We will try to rotate the affected groups. Remember, at the
big events the track people control the prime time running order on the
weekend days, and they also use a lot of track time for car club deals.
WGI/Zippo  uses 1.5 hrs on Sunday for lunch.

<< Wonder if the new HSR/SVRA alliance will help this?  Why not reserve SVRA
 events for the traditional SVRA groups + maybe ONE feature, and run the GTP
 cars, Historic Stock Cars, and other more modern stuff with HSR events? >>

This concept will be developed as soon as we can work out the details. Both
the HSR and SVRA schedules are firm for the remainder of this year.

<<Unrelated question: can you tell us anything about plans for the Glen this
 year?  I.E. anything changing to avoid the problems of '99?  Will SVRA be
 able to function as Race Control this year?  Is WGI still going to insist on
 red flagging/black flagging whenever one car goes in the gravel?

This is a high priority to resolve. Carl has had numerous meetings with WGI
officials, and I think things look pretty good. No promises though, except I
think our plan may be to screen problem drivers very carefully, and expect
everyone to stay on the track. Some folks could be on their way home early if
they don't have a good reason for getting into the gravel traps.

jw