Re: Club Thicko North (Mosport)

To: Billd13@aol.com
Subject: Re: Club Thicko North (Mosport)
From: Gary Speckman <speckman@coredcs.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 07:37:59 -0500
Speaking of the Sprints, SCCA has this class called "Legends".  Conjures up
images of mini 32 Fords street rods with MurderCycle engines in, doesn't it?
Nope, its "vintage" race cars.  They had a 5 lap exhibition type race of these
cars on Sunday.
George Olson and son where there, with two Big Healeys, along with a couple of
open wheelers, a GTP car and a McKee V-8.  Interesting mix.
The best part was listening to that GTP Porsche chirp the tires as he shifted
from 2nd to 3rd to 4th going up the hill after corner 5.  And you could hear the
chirping as he exited corner 6 shifting thru the Hurry Downs.  Cool stuff!
Gary
Minister of DisInformation
Team Thicko