LRP

To: teamnet@hyperion.com
Subject: LRP
From: Joseph_Chimbolo@hyperion.com
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:44:41 -0400

Did I miss something.  I just heard that there are no Formula Cars, particularly
FF at the LRP fall Festival.  It really kills me that I finally get around to
restoring this car, hoping it will be done this year, and clubs seem to be
eliminating them, or so it seems.  Sure, you can have a 1999 Chevy Lumina, come
on and run.  Or a GTP, GTU ...I thought I was getting involved with people who
love old cars.  I don't want a Pre-war 5 ton race car.  But I love them and
appreciate seeing them.  The great thing about vintage racing was to go and see
the evolution of racing cars.  Now it seems that the events are for the
participants only. So the dollars want faster cars to drive.  Out goes how many
competitors?  So it is not really about racing vintage cars of a range of
periods anymore.  It is racing the cars the competitors want to drive.  I was
also working on a budget MGB I picked up.  But I can't run it.  If I wanted to
run it decently I need to have a mountain off non-period competition, light
weight this and thats.  Build a period type motor and you might as well drag an
anchor around.  I am over reacting here?  I feel like the carpet was just pulled
from me.