Sticky DOT tire choices?

To: "list" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sticky DOT tire choices?
From: "Kelvin Palmer" <KelvinPalmer@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 07:10:26 -0500
Hello listers.  Here's a sure fire debate topic and your opportunity to
confuse me further:

My MGB racer needs new tires.  So far, I've only run the older BFG Comp
T/A R1s and let them go too long.  The "stick" is gone.  I need some new
sticky DOT tires.

The new BFG G-FORCE R1s are what I've been planning on.  Some of the folks
I race with are using the Hoosier radials and like them.  Others have
suggested trying the Hoosier "Street TD" bias ply tires.  And I've heard
some good things about the Kuhmo V700s (and they are somewhat less costly).

All of the above are available in the sizes and rim widths I run.  And all
are OK (as far as I know) with the groups I run with.  I'm not a front
runner and expect at
least a couple of seasons on a set of tires.

So.... What do YOU like, what do you hate, what do you know?

Kelvin Palmer
Riverwoods, IL
VSCDA Grp2, Midwestern Council VH