Doh! I stand corrected! (Re: Group 44)

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Doh! I stand corrected! (Re: Group 44)
From: "Gregory Nagy" <gnagy@intrepid.net>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 11:20:06 -0400

>Gregory,
>  Could you check to see what issue the Group 44 article was in, I'd like
to get
>a copy. I moved up to the DC area after college and use to drop by their
shop
>when it was in Falls Church. I'm sure I was in the way, but they always
took
>time out to show me around. Unfortunatly, Brian was killed in a plane crash
>about 10 years ago, but I understand Bob is living in Florida and having
fun
>with a P-51 Mustang (a real hot rod of a plane). I bet it's been up rated.
>hope the organizers at the VIR Homecoming have talked him into attending.
>
>Stan Vann

     I stand corrected about Brian. I had assumed that the "contemporary"
picture accompanying the story was a fresh one, and it featured Bob in a
TR-6 and Brian in a flight suit underneath the prop of a fighter plane. The
article never did mention his death. The issue in question is actually the
October 1999 Classic and Sports Car (red TR-5 on the cover) ("Group Captain"
by Harold Pace, pg 124-129).  It turned out I had the issue in question in
my desk after all.

I did some digging in my bookmarks. and found this page
http://www.LapRecord.com/Group44.html and another link
http://www.manhattanjagrkvl.com/dealrship/awards.htm referring to an award
in Brian Fuerstenau's name.

--