Re: Filters for velocity stacks

To: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Subject: Re: Filters for velocity stacks
From: Arthur Blackwell <aeb1@americanisp.net>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 12:19:41 -0600
The organ pipe analogy is a pretty good one, as we tuned for better charge for a
given RPM range......We needed more power quickly on shorter tracks ( 1/4 to 1/2
mile ) than on larger tracks ( 1/2 to 1 mile ). Shorter stacks on smaller
tracks....Longer stacks on larger tracks....We wanted a flatter curve on the
larger
tracks, the trick was to run out of rpms near the end of the straights in both
cases , this was accomplished by taller Halibrand Q/C gears, engine hardware
tuning
& fiddling with the injection ( pills, metering blocks, nozzles, stacks &
pressure
)....Remember, the Offy had HUGE 4 valve ports and only 4 cylinders......for
large
& small engines.....