Re: Vintage Datsuns

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vintage Datsuns
From: Clark Smith <clark@dnf.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 18:33:10 -0700
The 77s were the last good looking year, the 1973 design with the round
headlight rings but with a 2 liter engine with a 5 speed and lots of
chrome.  I'm thinking of painting the Devin the same color red and use it
as a vintage tow vehicle (open, lightweight trailer).  It'll be a vintage
vehicle when I finally get that car done!

Are there suppliers of aftermarket products (Datsun dashes, trim pieces,
etc) being made for that era?

(Don't shoot...I promise this is the Datsun truck posting),

Clark

>Don't laugh yet...the early Datsun (pre-hardbody) trucks ARE becoming
>collectible and more valuable.  There's even a demand building in Japan and
>many are being shipped back to Japan.
>
>Craig Carter
>Fountain Valley, CA
>1968 Datsun Roadster DP Racecars
>

>In a message dated 5/26/00 4:39:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>Walt@chekov.mayfield.hp.com writes:
>
><< >Second question (for extra credit):  has anyone ever seen a Datsun truck
> >exhibited at a concours?  Do I have a restoration candidiate?
>
> Ha!  >>

"Hay Bales and Asphalt"
a video featuring vintage footage
of motor racing from 1957 to 1961.
Images and description at
http://www.dnf.com

My 1953 Devin-Porsche Restoration project
http://www.dnf.com/devin-porsche.html