Re: Collecting old racing programs

To: "Steven Silverstein" <milano164@mediaone.net>,
Subject: Re: Collecting old racing programs
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 21:38:50 -0000
steven,
i do not posess any but would be glad to share any finds i come across.  i
collect hillclimb programs from the pennsylvania hillclimb assoc. hillclimb
series.  and any programs from marlboro, vineland, reading road races, and
pocono ice races  from the mid fifties to 1968 that chronicle my father's
racing history (joseph"joe" christ listed from bethlehem pa. and later from
coopersburg pa.) .  if you ever get any duplicate copies that my father is
listed as a driver, (usually in touring 1,2 or 3 in a saab or a short stint
in a cosworth anglia or a lotus cortina, an h-mod car "the banshee" or an
h-mod car" brand -x"(which i posess) and a mini  and early on a dyna
panhard).  i would be interested in photo copies of existing programs in
collections that contain information on my father's racing history.  he also
ran the stove bolt special in nascar in '53 and '54 and before ww2 raced an
indian bonneville motorcycle for al sigman's cycle shop (i have the photos
of him and the bike).
yeah -yeah he's my dad and (do not tell him i said this!...my hero).

chuck.
i try to ask all literature people at the meets i attend.  it seems that
there are very few programs that were saved after the events were over and
very few have survived to date, as far as sports car event literature goes.