Re: Enclosed Trailer flooring

To: wsthompson@thicko.com, Walt@chekov.mayfield.hp.com,
Subject: Re: Enclosed Trailer flooring
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 16:37:23 EDT
Walt:

Been there, done that (i.e. tiles), can't recommend it!!  The tiles expand
and contract a lot with temperature.  Dirt gets in between them and then they
start to peel up from the expansion/contraction and the dirt.  If you must
put down something, I strongly recommend a single piece of linoleum....Within
a season, the tiles will look like crap.

What I did on my last trailer, though was to just paint the plywood floor
with epoxy garage floor paint.  That worked great.  It is easy to touch up
where you do nick it, or it sticks to the hot tires.  I put 12" squares of
aluminum diamond plate where the tires sat and fixed that.  It also MUCH
lighter than the extra weight of the linoleum or tiles.

Cheap inside/outside carpeting also works pretty good...especially the
astroturf stuff.

Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #128