Re: Where to buy helmet?

To: Karim.Marouf@cancom.com
Subject: Re: Where to buy helmet?
From: Ross Fosbender <rossf@interaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 20:36:24 -0600
Karim-
For price, try a local circle track shop.  Just be sure the hat is Snell
95 SA rated.
A helmet is a tough purchase by mail or e-mail.  You really need to try
one on to be sure it is a correct fit.  A bad fitting helmet can wreck
your concentration in a race. Too tight and about 30 minutes into the
race, all you can think about is the pressure.  Too loose and the
wiggling of the hat is very disconcerting. A little too tight is just
right.
My 2c worth, and I have absolutely no stake in helmet sales one way or
another.
Ross Fosbender, Wilmot Hills Class of '65