Speaking of drum brakes...

To: Vintage Race <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speaking of drum brakes...
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 17:36:54 -0800
Two of my cars have steel-lined Aluminum brake drums. Does anybody
know if it is possible/reasonable to have them re-lined, or are they
hopeless? Once a drum gets turned to the max, or so egg-shaped that
it won't clean up, what's the remedy for rare Aluminum drums? On my
Alfa, I think I can get replacements. My Formula Junior uses Fiat
1100/1200 brake drums which are getting pretty scarce. Any sources,
especially in the SF Bay Area would be appreciated. Thx.

No, I'm not upgrading them to discs...