Re: axle retention gizmos

To: "wtmitchell" <wtmitchell@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: axle retention gizmos
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 15:34:58 -0500
Thanks - they look great, I'll probably make up a set and give them a
try.  Have you ever lost a coupling, and actually tried these things out in
anger, so to speak?  I ask because a friend of mine has now lost two
couplings, and spent a lot of money on repairs - the last one took out not
only the suspension on the corner, the driveshaft, a bunch of frame, but
also the Hewland bearbox housing!  While I will probably make mine, since I
have a full machine shop at home, I've passed your note and picture on to
my colleague.

Thanks!

Brian