temp gage adaptor + meaning of life

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: temp gage adaptor + meaning of life
From: "MalcolmCox" <malcox@napanet.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 22:31:20 -0800
This is about MGA, probably same as MGB

Where the water temp gage bulb screws into cylinder head, the counterbore
has rusted away, so its hard to get a good seal, without damaging the bulb
(at $130 each, bin there!)

Someone told me I can tap the cylinder head out to a larger size NPT, then
screw the water temp bulb into an adaptor which would screw then into new
NPT thread in cylinder head.

I imagine this is common knowledge, but as one uncommonly unknowledable, can
anyone point me to a source for the adaptor.
Malcolm Cox, very red MGA, in many many pieces.

PS
To prove how boring winter can be, attached is next years refrigerator race
schedule.
Its an Excel spreadsheet with all next years weekends and CSRG and HMSA
events (predominantly N.Cal) listed.
If anyone cares to add the NorthWest, VARA , SCCA and/or perhaps NASA events
feel free.
Heck for the manically bored, we could make a national schedule from it and
confuse the heck out of everyone.
Then theres the rest of the world too..hmm