Re: Bearing Problems - Help!

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bearing Problems - Help!
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:41:28 -0400
>Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:40:51 -0400
>To: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
>From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
>Subject: Re: Bearing Problems - Help!
>
>A-series engines that use the stock location for the oil filter have to see
the filter last before the engine.  You can make run a remote filter and
change the order by making up a block to fit in place of the stock oil
filter housing.  You can plug the stock bypass for the oil filter, but
almost all spin-on filters have an internal bypass that can actually allow a
lot of oil past, and can be jammed open by a small bit of debris.

>I change the cooler after a major meltdown.  The kind where you're also
changing the rods, the crank, the cam, etc...

>Brian
>

>At 02:20 AM 7/14/99 -0400, you wrote:
>>We always plumb our oiling systems so that the oil goes through the filter
>>before the cooler so as to prevent debris from having an chance fo getting
>>into the cooler.  The Oil filter "by pass" should, of course, be blocked
>>shut so that it can not open and allow debris to "by pass" the filter
>>element.
>>
>>Regards, Greg Solow

Brian Evans
Director, Global Sales