Re: starter motor help needed

To: derek.lola@sympatico.ca, MHKitchen@aol.com, brian@uunet.ca,
Subject: Re: starter motor help needed
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 09:31:39 EDT
In a message dated 6/9/99 11:00:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

<< Subj:         Re: starter motor help needed
 Date:  6/9/99 11:00:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time
 From:  derek.lola@sympatico.ca (Derek Harling)
 Sender:        owner-vintage-race@autox.team.net
 To:    MHKitchen@AOL.COM, brian@uunet.ca, vintage-race@autox.team.net

 Derek Harling wrote:

 > Sorry Myles - even these don't work for long on BDDs and BDGs.
 >
 > Brand image sells - but doesn't solve technical images.

 Should read - "doesn't solve technical problems."

 > Derek
 >
 > MHKitchen@aol.com wrote:
 > >
 > > Tilton Super Starter....expensive, but reliable.
 > >
 > > Myles H. Kitchen
 > > 1965 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #128 >>

This enhances the remarkable beauty of the Pep Boys or whatever store you
use, starter. Since they have a "lifetime" warranty, you just get several to
carry as weekend spares. Then on Monday you put all the bad ones on the
counter and carry of a bunch of "new" ones for the next race. They don't seem
to mind a bit.

Every now and then you will run accross one that does last forever.

At the worst you might have to change starters once in awhile, but at least
you don't have to try and fix one yourself at the track. You might even
become a HERO when all your buddies learn you have a stash of starters.

I wonder if one of these babies will crank an F-1?

Jack Woehrle