Re: Sprite question

To: Gerald Brazil <gerrybraz@voyager.net>
Subject: Re: Sprite question
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 10:29:34 -0700
Another common problem with high energy coils is that people overlook
the relationship with the plug gap. On a high energy coil, you should
run a larger gap. If the gap is too small, the energy is also wasted.
Perhaps with a larger gap, the MSD would have produced a longer burn.
There are plugs that run gaps as large as .060". My car has an old
Mallory coil in it (inductive), but I found it really liked a gap of
about .030-.035 instead of the .020-.025 I would normally have used on
the same plugs. Increasing the gap reduced a problem I was having with
a mid-range stumble.