Re: Roller rockers, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roller rockers, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc
From: Derek Harling <derek.lola@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 15:05:28 -0500
I wasn't going to join in this thread but I'll just contribute my one
[Canadian] cents worth.

I went to a UK vintage race last year while on vacation.

One thing I didn't understand at first was why all the cars drove into
one little space after each race and stayed there for quite a long time.
Then little men in business suits appeared with books of pictures and
other info and spent ages inspecting most if not all the cars.

You've probably guessed by now - the dreaded FIA paper inspection. Might
be the "best" way to ensure "real vintage" - but is that what we want
over here? Once we start down the slippery slope of over-regulation we
may not be able to get off.

Lets all be careful. Lets keep the fun.

Derek