Re: more on Top 10.....

To: DWhitesdJr@aol.com, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: more on Top 10.....
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 18:53:55 EDT

<< Steve Earle charges $200 -300 per event, gives back at least that much in
goodies (shirts, patches, food, parties and souvenirs) and has real cars
participating.  >>

I know that there are folks who have had good experiences with Steve.  I'm
just not one of them (and not alone from what I hear).....Its my opinion that
he is not treating everyone fairly....some of his buddies get to run non-
authentic cars....for example there's a 1965 street Mustang (with no history)
that runs with regularity, some of the Lotus Cortinas he accepted the one year
he begrudingly let them in (for Lotus year) were bogus, converted GTs.  To
make a blanket decision to exclude Lotus Cortina's as policy, a production-
based GT with an extensive race history and pedigree is not furthering the
sport, in my opinion.

I agree he's got a tough job deciding, but to make it worse, the organization
is not even courteous in the way they handle the racers, the one's he's making
a pile of money on (at least not from my and other's experiences in dealing
with them).

The whole event has lost its attraction for me....I was just sharing my
opinion on it in an attempt at humor...that's all.

Myles..