Re: High Technology is all relative

To: "Vintage Race List" <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: High Technology is all relative
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 22:38:26 -0500
Love stories like that . . . makes you appreciate how much toil went in to
those great racing cars . . .  I helped a friend with his Cooper-Norton F 3
once . . .  The starting drill involved:  install hot plug, prime with
alcohol,  turn motor back against compression, tow briskly, dump clutch, and
. . . if it fired on the first spark,  you were okay.  If not, repeat above
with dry plug.  Then, warm engine, install cold plug and repeat, repeatedly!
 Tony