Re: Northeast SCCA Vintage sponsored by Volvo

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
From: Roger Garnett <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 08:57:18 -0400
Jim Hayes writes, in regards to licensing for the newish North East SCCA
vintage series:

>I'm in the middle of establishing credentials right now. Last year they
>would take any vintage license, let you run two events then give you a
>SCCA license. I THINK that is the case this year too, but not 100%. I'm
>trying to get set up to go to Pocono this weekend, so I'll know shortly!

What may be more of a problem is car eligibility. I gave a call, and have
the regs on the way, but the word I got was that it's basicly "current
SCCA" tech rules. This would include things like forward hoops on roll
cages and other things most vintage cars don't have, and may not even be
allowed. This could keep most of the area "Vintage" cars away from the SCCA
vintage events. :-(

An exception would be a car with a pre-79 SCCA logbook, which could run
with what they had. Hmm, I imagine some of these could be worse.

How is this handled in the Florida and California zones?

Roger

                     Roger Garnett   rwg1@cornell.edu  (607) 533-7735
                             Team.Net Webmaster http://www.team.net
     The Wayward Sports Car Centre http://www.team.net/wayward/  (Temp URL)
                  All Donations of Sports & British cars & parts accepted.
                            The drop off bin is right behind the barn.