Re: Race Results

To: Larsen <allars@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Race Results
From: Susan <alfasun@esslink.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 20:34:21 -0400
Larsen wrote:

> Is there anywhere on the net that I can get vintage race results in a
> timely manner?  For example, there was a race in Savannah several weeks
> ago.  Are the results of those races available anywhere?  There is a
> VSCCA race at Lime Rock this weekend, will the results of that be
> available anywhere?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Thor Larsen

Dear Mr. Larsen:
VSCCA will not publish "results," nor lap times, nor timing sheets at
its own events as we aren't interested in who won, just who was there
and who had a good time or a good drive. (Sometimes the race leader does
not receive the checkered flag first, depending on the whim of the event
chairman!) Hence, look for my article in an upcoming Victory Lane about
the race, and who showed up with what, but, again, the emphasis is on
the "doing" not the "winnning". No trophies, no ceremonies, etc.
(In my coverage of other race groups' events, and the Lime Rock Fall
Festival, however, I do list results.) I think Victory Lane has the only
comprehensive set of results for all significant vintage races
nationwide. The only other place to look was the SVRA club newsletter
which published results. Other publications have photos and brief
summaries, but nowhere near as comprehensive as Victory Lane.
Hope this helps!
Susan Dixon
Northeast Editor, Victory Lane
Chairman, North East Historic Racing