Re: Dick Thompson

To: EHSMITH@us.oracle.com
Subject: Re: Dick Thompson
From: FG99 <FG99@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 20:26:04 EDT
Ted,
Unfortunately Kevin MacKay is not online, yet.  Claims he can't seem to get
out of the shop. I'm sure he know's your car if it's been through Bloomington.
Between judging (1965) and/or  giving workshops, he's been a fixture at
Bloomington since 1983.
His address is Corvette Repair, 132 E. Farview Ave, Valley Stream, NY, 11580.
His business phone is 516- 568-1959.
I'll be meeting with him one day this week and would be more than happy to
forward
him any mailing or phone info you'd care to e-mail me.
I know he would love to make your acquantance regardless of whether or not you
think you can make it the east cost.
I know what you mean about the agendas of the typical Corvette clubs.  Kevin
recently hosted a "body off" seminar for one of the Corvete clubs here on Long
Island and, at the same time, had a few very, very awesome cars on display.
Like how about the Rebel Le Mans Corvette and the Greenwood Stars and Stripes
car, parked side by side under the same roof. These two cars were the only
American entries at Le Mans in 1972 and I got the impression that the majority
of the croud  could care less. Those of us who appreciated what we were
looking went wild when he fired up the Rebel car. (Neighbors? What neighbors?)
Regards,

Fred Greco