Re: Summer British Vintage Events?

To: Ralph Edelbach <edelbach@tcnj.edu>, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Summer British Vintage Events?
From: Derek Harling <derek.lola@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 20:26:45 -0500
I'm told Goodwood is good BUT it is also a big social event, so don't
worry about missing it.
For a big event try Coy's Silverstone (July I think). But there are also
a lot (a real lot) of racing events every weekend in England. Some have
one or two races mixed in with regular racing. Just buy the weekly
magazine Autosport when you get off the plane - you can drive almost
anywhere in a couple of hours. In spite of spurious rumours to the
contrary I found almost everyone happy and willing to chat. And be
prepared for surprises. Like the paddock at Donnington - not only is it
all paved (great if it rains) but there is a genuine English pub right
in the middle serving beer etc all dat long. Don't know how they keep
the drivers out.
You could also look in Victory Lane, or call them in CA.
Finally you could go to www.racecar.co.uk:80/hmrn/mar-98 and read the
latest issue of Historic Motor Racing News - although they do tend to
cover mainly the big events.
If I can help further pls get in touch.
Derek.