Roll-bar for MGB

To: "'Vintage Racer'" <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Roll-bar for MGB
From: "Brinkmann, Gerry" <brinkg@uf4124p01.BHeightsNJ.ncr.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 16:42:57 -0500
Does anyone know of a good and reasonably priced source for
a racing-approved roll bar/cage for a '67 MGB-GT?

You may want to consider having a custom rollbar/cage built. I think you may
be surpirsed at the price
comapred to a "standard" off-the shelf roll-cage. I have had 3 roll-cages
built in the past 5 years adn would
always opt for the custom verses off  the shelf

The biggest advantage of custom is that the cage fits around you. You can
have the bars placed anywhere
you want, you can have the Seattle mounts placed where you want etc. I once
drove a car with
an AutoPower cage and it was annoying because the top-side tube was too
close too my helmet and
would interfere in left hand corners.

When purchasing an off-the shelf cage, remember that you still have to pay
for installation, you still have to
pay to have the mounting point installed, you still have to pay to have the
cage weled to the bpdy. At the end
of the day, a custom cage works out to be about the same price.

gerry