My '71 photos

To: MaecoMotorsport@compuserve.com
Subject: My '71 photos
From: thomkuby@ridgecrest.ca.us (Thom Kuby)
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 12:22:02 -0800 (PST)
Mike, Neil, and whoever else this may concern.

Regarding the recent inquiries and curiosity over the Adams '64 Goat...I am
very glad this car is still around and making appearances. 1971 was a GREAT
year for the Trans-Am series (high water mark? hmm)  It was fun to see this
"underdog" (undergoat?) show up and be perceived as a threat to all the
heavy rollers.

Anyway...I had mentioned that I took numerous photos of this car and others
at turn one as well as in pit row @ Elkhart Lake.  Mike and Neil both asked
about copies and whether Mike's current Camaro project was in my archives,
as the car ran there that year...

Well, my sincere apologies, but this batch of photos (negatives actually)
is in deep storage in my house in Maine...and since I live in California
now, I can't readily get to them.  We plan on going back to Maine sometime
in the summer, but nothings' definite at this point.  I really didn't
intend to mislead anyone as to availability of these particular photos and
I apologize (publicly) for that.

NOW...if anyone is interested, I DO have a lot of slides from the '71
(maybe '72-don't remember) June Sprints @Elkhart.  These I have with me
here.  Lot of good stuff there too.  Including a speed yellow Ford GT ( the
later series-Mk IV?) casually parked in the paddock, and a Porsche 550
Spyder with a wisconsin tag on it that says "550".  Lots of Track Shots of
the various run groups, the Quaker State team etc etc.  Email me if you
think you'd like a copy of anything out of this batch...
(Fair Warning: I love to take pictures, but I'm no professional Photog.  At
the time, I was using a very expensive top-of-the-line Canon F1 slr, and a
'58 Leica Mk III rangefinder)

Again, my apologies for the confusion...

Cheers
Thom Kuby