Re: Camshaft Technical Question

To: vinttr4@forbin.com, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Camshaft Technical Question
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 12:46:01 EST
In a message dated 98-02-08 18:39:20 EST, vinttr4@forbin.com writes:

<< NOW the question is (and I really don't know the answer) what is
 happening in those first .050" lift that is causing this breakup?

My guess is that there is just enough exhaust gas reversion to contaminate the
new fuel/air mixture. Retarding the cam 1 or 2 degrees would accomplish the
same results I would expect. Was the cam degreed to the grinder's specs, or
just installed using the standard timing marks? This is a rather interesting
puzzle, and it makes me wonder about similar situations I have had in the
past.

Good question,

JW