Re: Motorhomes/monterey

To: thomkuby@ridgecrest.ca.us, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Motorhomes/monterey
From: CLC SF <CLCSF@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 13:14:06 EST
The campgrounds that surround Laguna Seca are beautiful and cheap. Maybe It's
not too late to reserve a space, but do it NOW! I don't have the phone numbers
available but I recall that the County of Monterey runs the reservations on
all weekends except Historic weekend. For that weekend only SCRAMP has
control.So, if you plan to run the Pre-Historics the week before you must
contact the county, but then you must contact SCRAMP for the actual weekend.
One potential problem is the HILL that leads up to the Laguna entrance and the
campgrounds. some RVs with trailers can't make it.
I'm sure the AAA has info on offsite campgrounds, they range from surfside
north of the area to inland in Salinas (no ambiance, but cheap)
Any RV shop can sell you a camping guide if you don't belong to AAA.
 Good luck and try to come the weekend before so you can get some windshield
time and enjoy the beautiful Monterey Peninsula.
By the way, the Historic event will be oversubscribed by a factor of 10.
Unless you've got a REALLY unusual Porsche or an in with Steve Earle, your
chances are slim.
DonSF