Formula Jr. transmission

To: "INTERNET:rebjrmd@ix.netcom.com" <rebjrmd@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Formula Jr. transmission
From: Jeremy Braithwaite <ATROZ@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 01:35:49 -0500
Dick

<<I race a 1961 Jolus Formula Jr.(one of four built in Australia).  It is=

fitted with a Holinger (s?) transmission.  It is an upside VW swing axle
case with the shift lever coming out of the back i.e. in the stock VW
location.  The innerds feature 5 speeds and "dogs."  The input shaft has
broken inside the diff where it's splines go into a coupling which has a
gear on it.  A friend said that the box looked like a Webster.  As this
is my first experience with anything but production based transmissions,
I am lost.  Can anyone give me any information on Holinger?  What
suggestions would you have for getting parts?  Thanks for your help.>>

I'll get a price on another input shaft for you.  Where does it need to
ship to?

Have you been in contact with the other owners of Jolus in this country?

regards

Jeremy Braithwaite
Age & Treachery Racing Australia
For details of FF rentals, test days and corporate days see:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/atroz
1970 Lotus 61MX - Team Holland
1976 Bowin P6F
1983 Reynard FF83 =

1986 Isuzu FVR Pantechnicon
1972 Datsun 240Z
1993 RF93 Van Diemen with 95 update
1997 Ford Falcon XR8 Tickford
A large collection of model cars
Investor in the Lance Ruting Collection of motorsport photographs