Re: FW: Re: Dumping bearings

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net, jimf42@rocketmail.com
Subject: Re: FW: Re: Dumping bearings
From: MHKitchen <MHKitchen@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 16:40:30 EST

<< My suggestion is do not order by UPS from the UK.  Way too
 expensive. Ask the suppier to ship Parcelline or Air Parcel Post.  Those come
 through the post office.  The duty is much lower as are service charges.
 Approx. $15 duty on a $600-800 order. >>

My experience with Air Post from the UK has been bad.  First, there is
absolutely NO traceability for Express Air parcels.  I had some parts shipped
from the UK this way and they were lost for a while.  So, in the meantime we
shipped some more via UPS (no problems).  Then, a while later, the missing
ones just showed up and I had to ship them back....a big hassle.  Checking
with both US and UK postal authorities was completely useless....they have no
way to track anything, even with waybill #'s.

Whenever I order parts from the UK, I always request UPS.  Its fast, the cost
seems reasonable, and its always been very reliable from my experience....I've
never had problems with customs....the parts are usually just listed as "auto
parts".

Regards,
Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus (always needing parts) Cortina Mk1 #128