Re: Aussie Invasion???

To: ATROZ@compuserve.com, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Aussie Invasion???
From: MHKitchen <MHKitchen@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 22:52:53 EST

<< We had 5 of us over in 1995 when Lotus was the featured marque and I know
 that there are a sizable contingent of Porsche's planning on getting over
 next year. >>

I recall meeting a large and friendly contingent of Aussies during the 1994
Ferrari Annual Meet at Laguna during the Monterey weekend.  I organized the
Mon/Tues track event that year, and we had quite a few even bring their cars.
One bloke ( is that a correct Aussie term?) even bought the first F355 at the
charity auction (maybe his judgement was blurred by meeting Sharon Stone who
assisted in the festivities).  Another covered his car with decals made by
cutting up the extra driver name decals we provided.....i don't recall exactly
what it said, but it was all in typical Aussie fun!!

As I recall some of those that came over were from Lindemann's Winery, and
brought several cases of wine to share....The cab was quite good, and we now
find it for sale here in the states, and enjoy it often....there was also the
great polo shirt exchange (trade the Aussie ones for the California ones...)

You Aussies should come more often!!!....you liven the place up!!!

BTW, isn't it summer there now.....shouldn't you be busy racing while we're
awaiting the spring thaw!!!!

Regards,
Myles H. Kitchen
Lotus (throw another lobster on the barbee, mate) Cortina Mk1 #128