Re: Scuderia Illa Gitima -Reply

To: Jeremy Braithwaite <ATROZ@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Scuderia Illa Gitima -Reply
From: ply@adtrading.com (Patrick Young)
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 21:27:06 +0800
Jeremy,

>Patrick
>
><<Their only problem when towing is remembering that you have a trailer on
>behind!>>
>
>The guy who introduced me to big Ford V8s as tow cars was Bob Holden.  He
>always used a worked over Falcon ute and the things used to two Escorts all
>over the country at 120mph+!
>
>He tells a nice story of being chased over the Nullabor one day by a copper
>in a Holden Commodore and after a hundred miles or so the copper eventually
>caught up - only for his police car to expire in a large puddle of coolant.
>

>regards
>

>Jeremy Braithwaite
>Age & Treachery Racing Australia

Interesting story about the Nullarbor. Given the heat out there it surprises
me that any cops bother to try to catch speeders. Just shows how desperate
they are for revenue these days!

Oh, interesting tip for race car towers. If you have a Metro 6R4 put it on
the trailer backwards. If you put it on frontwards, you can create several
tons/tonnes of downforce on the trailer and most will pop their wheels off
at speed!

Regards,

Patrick