RE: How to insult most everybody in one step...

To: "'hayes@mediaone.net'" <hayes@mediaone.net>,
Subject: RE: How to insult most everybody in one step...
From: Andrew Pursey <MorrisOxford@s054.aone.net.au>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 07:22:03 +1100
Jim, you wrote....

"You guys are holdouts like us for beeeg V8s and rumbling HP."

V8 (generally 5-litre) sales are declining here in Australia as more =
people are content to drive the same body shape, but containing the =
manufacturers' six-cylinder (about 4-litre) which is almost as =
effective.  The last bastion of V8s is in the "big banger" touring car =
category where Ford and Holden (GM) try to convince the public that =
these awesome beasts are "classic Aussie V8s" (look under the cover and =
guess which part of the US manufactured the engines).

"Should we forget the other car manufacturing countries?  I'm headed to =
India again in a few weeks - now there are some interesting cars. The =
50s vintage English and Italian designs are finally being superceded by =
more current Japanese ones. Traffic in Bombay has grown twofold in five =
years -looks like Brownian motion!"

Don't worry about the decline of the original Hindustan Ambassador =
(based on the Morris Oxford) - this may mean that I can have a source of =
lightweight panels for my racing Morris Oxford (then Jeremy really can =
blow the doors off my car when he goes past me on the track in his =
Jaguar Special).  I think that the Hindustan Ambassador tooling is now =
so old that the panels would be so out of tolerance that they could fit =
any car and the gauge would be so much thinner than the original that =
they would be just like any other modern car skin.

On the subject of lightweight panels - did anybody run a Mini Cooper S =
with a homologated aluminium turret in the period 1965-72?

....regards...Andrew "Axeman" Pursey....1955 Morris Oxford (racing in =
Group Na pre'58 Classic Saloons), 1956 Morris Isis (almost a daily =
driver) and 1996 Saab 900S Coupe (quality worse than most LBCs and Saab =
attitude to customers worse than BL ever was back in the 70s - don't buy =
a Saab)....alternate email saabsux@hotmail.com