Re: Magnets on your petrol and Slick50

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Magnets on your petrol and Slick50
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 11:06:24 PST
Dr G W Owen wrote:

>With all this same old dreary argument about eligibility going on, how
>about some old fashioned technical debate.

And dredging up the old Slick-50 noise is supposed to be an improvement?

>I have come across a story of people putting magnets on their fuel lines
>in order to get more power/economy.  Anybody out there know any more?
>Oh and before the eligibility crowd pipe up, it was first done on
>Chinese fishing boats in the 30s.

Right, and the Chinese are largely responsible for the impending
extinction of the Rhinoceros as they believe powdered rhino horn
increases sexual potency. (OTOH, western medicine is discovering there
is real benefit in SOME of the Chinese traditional medicines.)  Some of
it is practical, some of it is superstition.

Show me the dyno results.

>On a similar note, does Slick50 oil addative work?  Is there anything
>better and what do people use in transmissions

I don't want to hear a single story about "Slick-50 made my car run
better."  I don't care how many people are using it, just consider this:
The oil companies don't make it, and the car manufacturers don't use it.
Add to that the fact that DuPont tried to sue to get them to stop using
the brand name Teflon, because they didn't think it worked.  They lost.

There are a lot of people using Redline Oil products in trannies. They
make MTL (lighter), MT-90 (heavier), and 75W90NS for limited slip diffs.
Some people have reported problems with Redline boiling out of their
trannies.  I started using another synthetic called Royal Purple Max
Gear. The Royal Purple company is in Texas.  Drag racers are starting
to swear by it. Some NASCAR teams are using it in spite of the big oil
company logos on the outside of the car. ;=)  The stuff works for me.

I know one racer who says that he picked up 7HP ON THE DYNO just by
switching to Royal Purple engine and tranny oil.  I think he was using
Redline before, but I wouldn't swear to that.