Re: What is vintage?

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: What is vintage?
From: davepage@intergate.bc.ca (Dave Page)
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 14:39:14 -0700 (PDT)
[from Jim Hayes]

>Hell, folks, I think vintage racing ought to be limited to cars with a
>period race history!

Well that would certainly thin out the grids wouldn't it?  It would also add
an element of exclusivity to what we do and make the cubic dollar issue even
more prominent.  Just how many cars that were raced in 40's through 60's do
you think actually survived?  If they did survive, the owners no doubt took
great care of them and would demand premium dineero (no relation to De Niro)
on the used racer market.  Limiting vintage racing to cars with period
racing history would close the doors for a lot of people wishing to get into
"affordable" non spec-racer competition and would take away the thrill for
the many spectators that come to the events to see cars they use to own at
speed.

Dave Page
'66 TR4A IRS with no period racing history whatsoever