Re: 61 Devin

To: Jody007@aol.com, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 61 Devin
From: PaceCars@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 15:27:43 -0400 (EDT)
The Corvair-powered Devin was called the Devin C. I used to have one. If it
was factory built , it will have a chassis number stamped in a frame tube
inside one of the front wheel wells. It should look something like this: DC-1
3 (my old number). This means Devin C, 1st series, third car made. They are
pretty much the same as a Devin D, which used the VW or Porsche 356 engines.
The C model either had VW drum brakes on front with Corvair drums on the
back, Corvair drums at all corners, or TR-3 Triumph disc brakes adapted to
the front and special discs on the rear. There were road tests in Sports Car
Graphic of a stock C and one with a PaxtonSupercharger. For good info, find a
copy of Automobile Quarterly Vol.23, #3, which has a lot of info and photos.
If you get it, let me know and I will copy all this for you.
Harold Pace