Racing History

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Racing History
From: RIMEY@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 19:27:51 -0500 (EST)
Wanted - information concerning sports car races and racing Healeys (BN1's to
3000's on the west coast during the 1950's and 60's.
 I am interested to hear from former drivers of these cars, or cuurent owners
of the cars that raced at such tracks as: Pebble Beach, Bakersfield, Pomona,
Paramount Ranch, Sacramento, Vacaville, etc..
 I am particulary keen on finding Elliott Forbes Robinson Jr. so that I might
talk to him about his dad. I am also interested in finding information on
Jack Duncan and Ken Livesay (Stockton) and John McLoughlin (Duarte/Azuza) or
his son Steve. I am also interested in finding Danny Stephens, Hugh Pryor and
Dick Chanticler. If you know any of these people or anything about them, I
would would enjoy talking with you.
 The reason for the inquiry is that I have been working on a book for the
last 4 years on California Racing Healeys, 1953 -1962.
 I would also be keen on finding race programs and race results (race results
are the most helpful), and other memoralbia (pit passes, etc.) that could be
copied. This is not an attempt to acquire a program collection or the like. I
would just like to have access to that information pertinent to my project. I
have copies of many of the race programs now, but the group 1958 to 1962 is a
bit sparse.
 I've been fortunate in finding and talking to many of the drivers of the
period. I would certainly enjoy talking to more.
 If you can help me with any of this, I would enjoy speaking with you. I can
be reached at 714/774-3328. If you have something you can share, e-mail your
phone number and I will gladly call you.

 Thank you.
 Ron Yates
 714/774-3328