A Novice enters the fray...

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: A Novice enters the fray...
From: jkpete@wwgv.com (Jon Petterson)
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 22:37:01 -0600
I lived in Monterey, CA for 3 years while assigned to Ft Ord, and went
to the Laguna Seca historic races every year.  I was hooked on vintage
and classic cars before that, but the race bug hit me hard.  Since I
recently had to sell my pride and joy 1966 GTO convt, I am
considering reentering the old car world in the form of vintage
racing.  Unfortunately, I know nothing about the sport (rules,
classes, what qualifies as vintage and what does not etc), except that I
would love to get involved.  I realize I may be inundated with
replies, but can anyone recommend some books that explain the rules,
different race classes, etc?  I would also appreciate any sage advice on
what NOT to do.  I've been around classic cars to know that it is easy
to get taken if you don't do your homework!

Regards,
Jon Peterson