RE: Flaggies/Workies/Racies!!

To: MorrisOxford@s054.aone.net.au
Subject: RE: Flaggies/Workies/Racies!!
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 20:44:41 -0500 (EST)
Morris;

Thanks for the info.  I wasn't attempting a racial slur here, only picturing
what some of the corner workers here would do if I called them a "flaggie"!!

Unfortunately, in vintage here in California, there isn't such an organized
effort to train and certify the workers....not that its not needed or
wouldn't be a good idea.   SCCA does have well established program, but we
have only 1 or 2 SCCA vintage races here on the west coast.  The Rocky
Mountain group of RMVR also seem to have their act together relative to
organizing/training the workers and marshalls.  When we go to Southern
California, VARA uses the Long Beach MG club.  My compliments to them!!
 They've done an excellent job at the events I've attended.

At some venues here, its hard to find enough warm bodies to coerce into
spending the the entire day in the hot sun, with no shade, no refreshement,
and no facilities....we often just take what we can get!!!  Fortunately,
although I've seen a few close calls due to a slow yellow flag, I haven't
seen anything serious that could be blamed on inexperienced workers.

So there you have it, mate!!  Throw a shrimp on the barbee for me and pop
open a tall Fosters, or better yet, break open some Lindemans!!  (How am I
doin??)

Regards,
Myles H. Kitchen
Lotus Cortina Mk1 #128  (in preparation for CSRG Sears Point in March)