Re: Introduction

To: zvezdah@ldl.net
Subject: Re: Introduction
From: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 22:00:21 -0500
With those low profile 16" Michelins and carbon fibre bits, it'll really
look vintage!
Are "vintage" cars like "vintage" wines, where to become "vintage" you just
list the year of manufacture? Or do they need some aging to develop?
(Note: having written this bit of sarcasm, I apologize to all I offended.
However, racing cars like this is not, in my never humble opinion, vintage
racing. Neither is having an event like HSR Savannah with 45 incidents, as
was reported here recently. I am truly perturbed......)

> To: deboer@pacbell.net
> Cc: vintage-race@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Introduction
>
> My Caterham is a 94 produced car and first registered in 95. I got it
> through Texas Motor Works.
>
> I've only had it about a month, it's BRG, I had the Motolita wheel done
> in red suede and I'll be painting the wheels yellow, i.e 1960's Team
> Lotus paint scheme. The car is basically as original, it has an
> aftermarket ignition to increase performance I believe it came from
> Swindon in UK. 16" Michelin Pilot Z rated wheels. The Vauxhall is fitted
> with twin Webers and it seems very quick. It also came with both type
> roll bars, weather gear, and standard and Brooklands windscreen.
>
> I'll be fitting a few Carbon Fibre bits on it, I admit more for looks
> than weight.

Jim Hayes  Vintage racing '57 & '62 Alfa Spiders
 jeh@fotec.com              http://www.fotec.com/jim.htm
New: The Alfa 'WebCalendar' http://world.std.com/~jeh/calendar/
All generalizations, with the possible exception of this one, are false.