Dry Sump dumb question

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Dry Sump dumb question
From: ROCKNEY@inetpop.is.ge.com (VAUGHN ROCKNEY)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 10:52:01 -0500
The dry sump pump I have has four visable major oil lines.  One seems to
suck oil out of the bottom of the pan.  Another seems to put out oil to
the oil filter, and from there to the main feed on the motor to oil it.
 The other two route to the oil cooler and oil tank which are in series.
 I need to construct the oil tank.  My question is.. what sets the level
of oil in the whole system?  Does it matter how high or low the oil tank
is mounted?  Is the oil tank presurized, or vented?
Thanks in advance,
Vaughn